My 15 Iconic Melbourne Experiences of 2015
2015 has been a great year for us, we've been lucky enough to have a full year of good health and we have made the most of it! Now, Melbourne has plenty of iconic experiences and we had checked off many of them already but here is 15 things that we got to cross off our (epically long) Melbourne to-do list this year.
1. Rode the Scenic Railway at Luna Park.
2. Climbed up the 1000 Kakoda steps in the Dandenong Ranges.
3. Skipped with the Skipping Girl in Richmond.
4. Watched sunrise from Birrarung Marr after The madness of White Night.
5. MSO cinema experience.
6. Watched the Docklands Fireworks from the Melbourne Star.
7. Played with the NGV water wall. A lot. Sure, we had water walled before but this year went pro.
8. Attended a sporting event at the MCG.
9. Watched the sunset from Eureka Skydeck.
10. Got up super early to watch a Hot Air Balloon launch.
11. Made sand castle beach boxes at the Brighton Beach Boxes.
12. Caught a midnight screening at The Sun.
13. Saw amazing street art.
14. Attended a rally on Parliament Stairs.
15. Gave Rap Jumping a go.
Bonus one: Taught my daughter how to independently navigate Flinders Street Station and make her way home. (Even though she's a looooooong way off being abandoned in the city).
So watch out 2016, you've got big boots to fill!