5 Ways to make a Beach Trip Magic
Visiting the beach is one of the highlights of summer. We are lucky in Melbourne to be spoilt for choice with great beaches! Here are some of our favourite ways to add extra magic to sand and surf..
1. Find a beach with ships! We live a bit of ship spotting and Station Pier in Port Melbourne is an awesome spot to watch the cruise ships go in and out.
2. Visit at dawn or dusk. The light is gorgeous these times of day and you are likely to have the beach all to yourself if you make it a sunrise visit.
3. Take your favourite beach book along and read in the sand. Our choice- Where's Wally!
4. Take along a sand castle cake! Did you know that crushing up Marie biscuits looks just like sand? You can use it to cover a cake and have a totally edible sandcastle. Onlookers think you are bonkers but that's half the fun 😄
5. Take a kite. It's the perfect spot for flying a kite as it is almost always windy enough and you are away from pesky power lines and trees.
This is all part of our involvement in the 'Moments worth Millions' campaign run by Carnival Cruises encouraging families to go out and make amazing memories on a budget.