It's that time of year when Werribee Zoo opens it's doors after dark and puts on all sorts of entertainment you don't see during the day. OK, we pretty much just show up for the marshmallow toasting but there is other stuff going on too!
Each night there is a Bandicoot lantern parade that the kids are all welcome to join in, two fire dancing shows, a rare chance to see the Servals (that are not on display during the day), a laser light and smoke forest, excellent hot chocolate and did I mention marshmallow toasting?
Tips For Wild Nights
1. Bring your own marshmallows (is it just us or is one never enough??)
2. Dress very warm, it's pretty chilly there.
3. Read the map as you enter, the zoo gives you a flyer of a 'suggested itinerary' but this is not all of the shows on offer. There are two chances to see both the Servals and the fire dancers.
4. Bring torches. Also bring whatever light up thing you brought the kids at the last after dark event you went to, they do sell them here too if you forget.
5. There is a glow zone where kids can hula hoop and juggle under black lights, if you have any Fluro clothing, hair accessories or face paint this is where it will come to life.
Wild Nights is running for 15 nights from June 25th to July 9th. Gates open at 5.30pm and close at 8.30pm. You can get tickets at the zoo or buy them online. Zoo members get discounted tickets and priority entry.
Werribee Zoo is on K Road in Werribee with plenty of signs from the highway. Free parking.