Braving the show this year? Here are a few tips to help everyone enjoy themselves.
1. If you aren't ruled by a strict evening routine head in at 5. The crowds have thinned out, especially for the animal nursery (open until 7), the showbag hall and the little rides.
2. Jump online and check out the showbags to make your decision before you go. It's all pretty overwhelming in the showbag hall so it's best to walk in with a plan. Our pick for this year is the It Girl bag, it has a cap, scarf, sunglasses, bag, socks, hairbrush and magazine all for $20. It's actually pretty good stuff that will get worn and used which is what we were aiming for to avoid the disposable junk that comes with a lot of bags. Bertie Bettle bag goes without saying. Just do it.
3. The Food Tent has all the options covered. A great budget pick are the cheese toasties for $3 or with a strawberry milk for $5.
4. Catch th train if you can. Special shuttles run from North Melbourne (Platform 6) every 20 minutes. They take you straight to the gate and you avoid the parking chaos and cost.
5. The ticket to ride pass is the best value if you have some little thrill seekers.